Kazkommertsbank announces Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders
The Board of Directors of Kazkommertsbank (“the Bank”) decided at its meeting on the 29 May 2017 held at 135 Zh Gagarin avenue, Almaty, that it will call an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) on 30 June 2017 at 11.00 am (Almaty time) at 34A Al Farabi Avenue, Almaty, Kazakhstan upon request of the Board of Directors of the Bank. Shareholder registration will commence at 10.30am on the 30 June 2017.
In case of cancellation, the EGM will be rearranged for 1100 hours on 03 July 2017 at 34A Al Farabi Avenue, Almaty, Kazakhstan.
The list of shareholders eligible to take part in the EGM will be based on the Bank’s shareholder register as of 29 May 2017.
(1) Approval of the Agenda of the Extraordinary General Meeting;
(2) Approval of voluntary delisting of the Bank’s global depository receipts with the underlying asset being the common shares issued by JSC Kazkommertsbank from the London Stock Exchange.
Shareholders may familiarize themselves with the materials presented for discussion at the EGM by contacting the Bank no later than 10 days before the meeting: phone # 00 7 7272 585 221, address: 34A Al Farabi Avenue, Almaty, Kazakhstan, office 313.
The shareholders – holders of depositary receipts shall provide the following data to The Bank of New York 23 June 2017 to participate in the EGM:
• Name of the shareholder;
• Citizenship / Origin of the shareholder, type of document used to identify the owner and document entries;
• Number of shares held by the owner, and
• Letter of Attorney for their representative at The Bank of New York to authorize that representative to take part and vote in the general shareholders’ meeting.
The Bank would like to remind the shareholders that:
(1) The shares held by nominees need to be registered with the Central Depository of Kazakhstan to be eligible to vote according to the Law on Joint Stock Companies;
(2) According to the clauses 5 and 5-1 of Article 17 of the Law on Banks and Banking Activities in Kazakhstan, the legal entities registered in offshore zones or having affiliates registered in the offshore zones or the individuals, which are participants (founders, shareholders) of the legal entities registered in the offshore zones, included in the list of offshore zones for the purposes of the banking, insurance, brokerage activities and other licensed types of capital markets, pension funds and joint investment funds activity, approved by the Decree of the Financial Supervision Agency #145 as of 2nd October 2008, cannot participate at the general meetings of the shareholders.
Mayra Saburova, Corporate Secretary
+7 (727) 258-52-21, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alma Buirakulova, Investor Relations
Vadim Jadrikhinsky, Capital Markets
+7 (727) 258-51-25, E-mail: email@example.com
Summary of agenda items:
First agenda item: it is proposed to approve the Agenda of the Extraordinary General Meeting, which was approved by the Board of Directors of the Bank.
Second agenda item: materials will be provided upon request of the shareholders, within a legally defined period of time, at 34A Al-Farabi avenue, Almaty, Kazakhstan, phone # 00 7 7272 585 221.
The Board of Directors recommends that the shareholders vote “For” all agenda items.